Thursday, April 03, 2008

Mixed Bag...

The day, today, has been filled with a bag mixed of emotions. It brought various colours of life, before me. At times, it made me determined to do something useful, at times, it set me back. Variations, in today's day, wouldn't have been anything less than a sine wave, toggling between two states. I feel, am one of the fortunate guys, to having seen such variations in a short span of a day. A day's time isn't short, but if we compare it with the whole lifetime, I would say, it surely is short!

I started my day, with a lot of self-determination towards my life. I had my plans set before me, I knew exactly what I was going to do. And, trust me, things did go the way, god wanted me to do. I felt, I was just lucky enough to have a nice day, before me. But, this wasn't there to last for long. Some things didn't go as expected, some at the personal level, and some at the professional one too. When things weren't that good at the personal level, it didn't bother me much. I was at my ease, and calm; kept smiling.

But, when things didn't go good at the professional front (for the day) it is at that time, when I started feeling a bit disappointed, because these things had built on top of the personal front. I started getting a feel, as if, I was lost somewhere or the other.

Somewhere in the evening, I happened to call up a friend of mine, Ms. R (she prefers to keep her name anonymous in this post). I've never spoken about her anytime at this blog of my mine. She, and I, had been together in our school, atleast till 8th Standard. It was at that time, when she had a change in her schooling. We came together after a long time, thanks to the social networking thingy on the web. I had called her up, for nothing specific, but to have a general talk on the recent happenings in life. Along the talk, she happened to get engaged in some work, at her home, and the talk was left, as is, then and there.

After that, feeling a bit lonely, I started pinging a couple of friends of mine, called up some too, but none seemed to be available at the moment. Am not complaining for them, it just wasn't my day, till then, remember! Anyways, when I was moving from my place to the restaurant, to have my dinner, I happened to receive an unexpected call, and guess what? T'was from R.

She called up back, because, she felt that I was a bit upset, for the day. I was wondering, what made her feel that, but as other friends of mine used to say, "It's not easy for Ankit, to hide what he feels!". Anyways, I probably feel that I don't have words to desrcibe what she made me feel, through out our talk, and even now. It is she, who brought back to me, the words that I used to say, to my friends, when they would feel low. The kind of cozyness, and calmness, that she brought, to me, during the talk, is worth appreciable. Brought back the comfort feeling to me. No doubt, that she likes to make people smile. I appreciate, this attitude.

It does make me feel glad to have friends besides me (not physically though! Distances don't matter, as long as relationships are close), the ones, whom I can count upon, especially at the times, when I feel low. As someone had rightly said, friends are like jewels, who'll always shine before you, especially, when you need them to shine, for you. But, I feel, they're much more than jewels. Touch wood, or stone.

No comments: